Common hotlines and resources
In the case of an emergency, there are many resources you can turn to for help. Here's an overview of common hotlines and resources available in the United States:
• Emergency Hotline: Dial 911 for immediate assistance in life-threatening situations.
Mental Health Support
• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). Provides free and confidential support for individuals in distress or experiencing suicidal thoughts.
• Crisis Text Line: Text "HELLO" to 741741. A 24/7 text-based helpline for individuals in crisis situations.
• National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Helpline: 1-800-950-NAMI (1-800-950-6264). Offers information, resources, and helplines for individuals and families affected by mental health conditions.
Substance Abuse and Addiction
• National Helpline for Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services: 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357). Provides information, treatment referrals, and support for individuals and families dealing with substance abuse issues.
• Alcoholics Anonymous (AA): Visit the AA website for local helpline numbers and resources.
Domestic Violence and Abuse
• National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233). Provides support, information, and referrals for individuals experiencing domestic violence or abuse.
• RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network), National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-HOPE (1-800-656-4673). Offers a helpline for survivors of sexual assault and abuse.
• The Trevor Project, TrevorLifeline: 1-866-488-7386. Provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services for LGBTQ+ youth.
• LGBTQ+ helplines and local organizations: Search online for local LGBTQ+ helplines and organizations that offer support, counseling, and resources.
Child Abuse and Neglect
• National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453). Offers support, information, and resources for individuals concerned about child abuse or neglect.
Health and Medical Information
• Local Health Department: Contact your local health department for information on healthcare services, vaccinations, and public health concerns.
• Poison Control Center: 1-800-222-1222. Provides immediate assistance and guidance in cases of poisonings or accidental ingestion.
• Eldercare Locator: 1-800-677-1116. Connects older adults and their caregivers to local support services and resources.
If you have questions, call us at 203-208-9898 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We respond ASAP, in most cases within minutes.